Apple has determined that a small percentage of MacBook Pro systems may exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts. These MacBook Pro systems were originally available between February 2011 and December 2013.
Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (Carbon Computing) will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge. See below for details on affected models and service options.
The program covers affected MacBook Pro models until December 31, 2016 or four years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you.
An affected MacBook Pro may display one or more of the following symptoms:
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
- 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
- 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013
Your MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program and is otherwise in working order.
Note: If your MacBook Pro has any damage, which prevents the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved during service. You will be notified about any additional repair charges that are required.
Please back up your data before your MacBook Pro is serviced. Call us for details on how.
- A technician will run a diagnostic test on the MacBook Pro to verify eligibility.
- Repair turn around time will vary based upon parts and technician availability.
- You will be notified when your MacBook Pro is ready for pickup.
This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of the MacBook Pro.