Meet the most powerful Mac ever.
Today Apple releases its most powerful computer yet, the iMac Pro. Designed for pro users, this stunning machine is the first all-in-one Mac built from the ground up to deliver true workstation-class performance. iMac Pro has been completely re-engineered to handle the most demanding pro workflows with both ease and style! Its sleek space grey exterior houses the ultimate in all-in-one computing power, giving a sexy new look to the same amazingly quiet, thin and seamless aluminum and glass enclosure customers know and love.
The bar has been raised with configuration options like never before. Choose from 8-core, 10-core, 14-core or 18-core Intel Xeon W processor options, SSD storage up to 4TB, up to 128GB of 2666MHz ECC memory, and the all-new Radeon Pro Vega GPU with up to 16GB of HMB2 memory. Reaching an incredible benchmark of 22 Teraflops of graphics performance, iMac Pro can easily deliver the fastest real-time 3D rendering, immersive VR, intensive developer workflows, ideal machine learning support, high megapixel photography, complex simulations, massive audio projects and real-time 4K and 8K video editing -- all brilliantly displayed on its 27-inch Retina 5K display.
Wow. We need a moment to catch our breath!
Moving right along to the iMac Pro's ports and connections, we see a comprehensive array of four USB 3.0 ports, four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, a 10Gb Ethernet port, and the familiar SDXC card slot and 3.5mm audio port. With four Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can connect up to two high-performance RAID arrays and two 5K displays at the same time. For the first time ever on a Mac, iMac Pro features 10Gb Ethernet for up to 10 times faster networking.
Borrowing from Apple's Newsroom announcement today, here's what pro users in a variety of arenas can expect from the iMac Pro:
- 3D designers can visualize huge 3D models and render scenes up to 3.4 times faster.
- Developers can run multiple virtual machines and test environments, and compile code up to 2.4 times faster.
- Scientists and researchers can manipulate massive data sets and complex simulations, visualizing data up to 5 times faster.
- Photographers can work with enormous files and perform image processing up to 4.1 times faster.
- Music producers can bounce (export) massive multi-track projects up to 4.6 times faster and use up to 12.4 times as many real-time plug-ins.
- Video editors can edit up to eight streams of 4K video, or edit 4.5K RED RAW video and 8K ProRes 4444 at full resolution in real time without rendering. The iMac Pro can also export HEVC video 3 times faster.
By the way, have we mentioned how much we love the new matching space grey peripherals included in the box? Each iMac Pro comes standard with an all-new Space Gray Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and your choice of Space Gray Magic Mouse 2 or Space Gray Magic Trackpad. Even the Lightning to USB cable and power cord are black. Because every detail matters when you look this good.